As you will know, the ladies of ‘Ladies who Lunch’ like to lunch in Hampshire. But did you also know that occasionally we like to venture outside the county boundaries? In fact, if you are a regular reader of LWL, you’ll have spotted that we have been known to hop across the Solent to the wonderful Isle of Wight!
If you keep your finger on the pulse of foodie news then you’ll know that until recently the Isle of Wight’s only Michelin-starred restaurant was The Hambrough, in the hilly coastal resort of Ventnor. This prestigious hotel has a new chef at the helm, who is establishing himself as force to be reckoned with. Our reviewing partners, Matt and Cat (of Matt and Cat’s Isle of Wight Eating Out Guide) rate his food very highly. So highly that they have curated a whole weekend of food-related activities in association with Island holiday company Vintage Vacations, which includes a free ferry trip and up to three night’s stay in a vintage Airstream caravan, with the highlight being a gala dinner at The Hambrough.
ISLE OF WIGHT GOURMET WEEKENDER
Stay in your own vintage Airstream caravan, with campsite cooking from the Isle of Wight Bacon Company on the night of your arrival. Then spend Saturday exploring the Island’s boutique shops, head to the beach or enjoy a bespoke Matt &Cat food tour. But don’t forget to leave room for the gala dinner at the Isle of Wight’s most prestigious restaurant, The Hambrough (yes, really!) This three-course banquet – with extra surprises – is the highlight of the weekend and a treat you’ll definitely want to indulge in. Would you like to see the menu? Here it is.
Bookings and more info via firstname.lastname@example.org, 07802 758113.
- Weekend of fabulous food and vintage fun: 12th – 15th September 2014.
- Two night’s accommodation in a superb vintage caravan – with a third night FREE!
- FREE car ferry travel for up to four people (Wightlink routes – Lymington or Portsmouth) worth up to £128!
- Meet and greet intro with Matt and Cat!
- Friday night: ‘Airstream Cookout’ with The Isle of Wight Bacon Co. Barbecue and tasty crêpes (Matt and Cat have been to one of these brilliant events and loved it!)
- Saturday: daytime exploration of the beautiful Isle of Wight. Eat, drink, shop! Includes option of self-guided bespoke food tour.
- Saturday night: three course gala dinner held at the illustrious Hambrough, Ventnor. Cheeky extras and transport included.
- Sunday: recovery time! Optional ‘greedy ramblers’ walk.
- Sunday night: optional extra night stay AT NO COST.
Includes car ferry if you need it, transport to and from the Hambrough, insider knowledge, and diverse vintage pleasures. Yes really, all of the above is included in the price! Cost £245 per person (based on two sharing an Airstream*), including ferry, and dinner on Friday and Saturday nights. And, if you’re already on the Isle of Wight – you lucky person you – then treat yourself to a staycation.
*discount available for three to four sharing an Airstream.